“In my painting, I want to show the world that exists in between our lines of perception. The compositions that appear on my canvas, blending in harmony to unlock senses below the surface. Watching a snow-white canvas transform into a revived piece… this is perhaps the pinnacle of my inspiration.”
Evan Magar started painting at an early age, being impressed by old masters and his artistic family, working in the movie industry. In the 1990's Magar was studied at Art College and later took an art courses at the Academy of Art in Ukraine. After graduation Magar was working as an art designer on a variety of theatre and film projects. In 1994 Magar visited Winnipeg, MB. with his personal art exhibition. Later enrolled at Vancouver's Film Collage. After graduation Magar became a member of the Vancouver, BC. Film Union, while also working in the film industry. Currently painting from his studio, Magar continually refines the expressionism style and the intuitive gesture of calligraphy in his exploration of composition, line and colour.
- 2020 November-December. KUMF Art Gallery. Art Exhibition “Colours of Autumn”. Toronto, ON.
- 2020 September- Nivemver. Bukva Books Store. Art works display. Toronto, ON.
- 2020 August. Tane Art Gallery. Personal Art Exhibition. "Colour Emotions" Toronto, ON.
- 2020 January. KUMF Art Gallery. Art Exhibition “Temptation”. Toronto, ON.
- 2019 Legacy Art Gallery. Art Exhibition. "Mosaic of Colours". Toronto, ON.
- 2016 Tane Art Gallery. Art Exhibition. Toronto, ON.
- 2010 Alla Rogers Gallery. Personal Art Exhibition. Washington DC, USA.
- 2005 Simon Patrick Gallery. Art Exhibition. Vancouver BC. Art Exhibition.
- 1998 Melnechenko Art Gallery. Art Exhibition. Winnipeg Manitoba.
- 1994-95 Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre. Personal Art Exhibition "I Breathe Creativity". Winnipeg, MB.